understand this problem to the heart. But fear no more, as BootBoi is here to save you from the gruesome task of standing up
and pushing a button.
BootBoi features remote power on / power off / reboot for as many remote machines as you can imagine with the
combined power of SSH and Wake On Lan.
Preparing your Remote Machine
* Before you can use BootBoi with your remote machines, you have to prepare them for **remote** rebooting and powering them on/off.
* To power a remote device on, BootBoi uses Wake On Lan.
* This needs to be enabled in the BIOS of the machine you want to power on, read more here.
Power Off / Reboot
* BootBoi uses SSH to execute whoami, poweroff and reboot on the remote machine.
* So make sure that
* Those binaries are available and in $PATH
* The SSH user has sudo access to whoami, poweroff and reboot
* Either by allowing the user sudo access only to those binaries via the sudoers file (recommended)
* E.g. `echo "my_ssh_user ALL=(ALL) /sbin/reboot,/sbin/poweroff,/usr/bin/whoami" >> /etc/local/sudoers`
* Or by using root as SSH user in BootBoi
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 7.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
modify or delete the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to write the contents of your shared storage.
read the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to read the contents of your shared storage.